Victoria Falls Safari Lodge
Voted the Best Safari Lodge/Resort Hotel in Zimbabwe for 23 consecutive years by the Association of Zimbabwe Travel Agents.
72 Rooms (A choice of Standard Rooms, Waterhole Facing Rooms and Waterhole Facing Suites.)
Bed and Breakfast
Situated on a plateau just 4km from the majestic Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe, Africa Albida Tourism’s flagship property Victoria Falls Safari Lodge, the premium Victoria Falls Safari Club and the spacious Victoria Falls Safari Suites all offer an unforgettable African experience.
The sunset-facing 72-room Victoria Falls Safari Lodge boasts endless views of pristine wilderness stretching to the horizon, including a waterhole frequented by elephant, buffalo, kudu and more
Built of thatch and timber, the lodge rises several levels, giving the impression of a vast open-plan tree house, with the central area featuring the award-winning MaKuwa-Kuwa Restaurant, the famous Buffalo Bar, a two-tiered swimming pool and a fitness centre.
4km from the Victoria Falls attraction
There are three different room types from which to choose:
- 24 x Lodge Standard Rooms, decorated in soft, earthy colours, each with a walk-in rainfall shower ensuite, and westward facing balconies overlooking the Zambezi National Park
- 2 x Lodge Waterhole Facing Rooms, as per the standard rooms, but with direct views over the onsite waterhole, allowing guests to watch wildlife from the privacy of their balcony
- 6 x Lodge Waterhole Facing Suites, each of which has a downstairs lounge, opening onto a private balcony and guest toilet. An open staircase leads up to the bedroom and ensuite bathroom with luxury bath and separate shower.
All rooms are spacious and light, with glass sliding doors opening on to a private balcony boasting unrivalled views of the bushveld, with most overlooking the central waterhole, offering the opportunity to observe game.
Amenities - Inside rooms
- Private balcony
- Digital safe
- Air conditioning and ceiling fan
- Tea and coffee-making facilities
- International multi sockets
- Extra length beds with mosquito nets. NB: The Lodge Standard Rooms and Lodge Waterhole Facing Rooms have two three-quarter beds that may be converted to a king size bed.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Customised toiletries including insect repellent and sunscreen
- A complimentary minibar in the Lodge Waterhole Facing Suites re-stocked daily with local beer, house wine, soft drinks and bottled water.
- In the Lodge Standard Rooms and Lodge Waterhole Facing Rooms the minibar is stocked on request, and is for guests’ own account.
Amenities - Outside rooms
Dining options include:
- Fine dining à la carte in the MaKuwa-Kuwa Restaurant which serves breakfast from 6.30am to 10am, lunch from 12.30pm to 2pm and dinner from 7pm to 10pm.
- The more casual Buffalo Bar which offers light meals from 10.30am to 9pm
- The ‘must-do’ Boma – Dinner & Drum Show is open nightly from 7pm to 10pm and offers an unforgettable evening African extravaganza
- Swimming Pool
- Onsite Waterhole – viewed from the deck
- Vulture Experience – Daily at 1pm, this free activity provides the opportunity for visitors to spot white headed vultures, hooded vultures, lappet faced vultures and white backed vultures, this supplementary feeding program aids the survival of these remarkable, but endangered birds.
- Siduli Hide – At the edge of the Victoria Falls Safari Lodge waterhole, the hide offers the incredible opportunity to watch wildlife at very close quarters with a professional guide. Ideal for keen photographers and wildlife enthusiasts, the two-hour activity, which is available to groups of up to six, is best done in the early morning or late afternoon.
- Bird Hide – This offers the change to see a variety of species and is surrounded by nature trails where bushbuck and warthog are commonly sighted. Both the bird hide and the nature trails can be explored at guests’ own leisure